*EDIT - It would seem the fault is with my source video. I have noticed that the sound on certain clips drifts the same even in the preview monitor, but if I skip ahead it re-syncs, and if I cut the front couple seconds of the clip, it renders fine. It is odd though because when I play these original clips in a media player such as VLC, they play fine, it is only in Kdenlive that I have this problem which is very odd. Not sure if anyone would know what causes this?
This is my first time posting here and just want to say a big thanks for such an amazing piece of software and well done to everyone involved in this project.
I have encontered an issue just recently which I did not have before which is where after I have rendered my video, the sound seems to drift out of sync very bad when playing the rendered video back, and the further into the video I go the worse it gets with the sound ahead of the video up to 4 seconds. The odd thing is I never had this issue previously when using the same type of source video / frame rate / project / project length. The video is about half an hour long.
I am using the following :
Ubuntu 12:10 AMD64 - Kdenlive 9.2 from standard Ubuntu repositry
Source videos - MP4 / ACC 1080p 30fps recorded using a samsung siii (I know, not exactly high tech video equipment haha!)
I am using the HD 1080p 30fps project
When rendering, it does not mater which format I select, be it H264, XVid4, MPEG-4, they all run into the same issue no matter what bitrate I select for both audio and video, 2 pass or single pass etc. I have tried all combinations. When watching the playback monitor everything syncs beautifully, only the rendered project is out of sync.
I have checked multiple threads and tried the following also :
* Split the Audio from the video, and tried both as grouped and un grouped
* Changed the render profile H264 to format audio in MP2
* Updated repositry to update Kdenlive to 9.4 (Video stuttered in playback, but still same audio sync issue)
* Tried the daily build downloading and saving to a folder - 0.9.5 (rev. v0.9.4-95-g2ab823a) Launches fine, no stutter as above, but still same sync issue
* Removed all updated repositries and uninstalled and reinstalled with original ubuntu.. still same issue
* Tried both 30fps and 29.97fps HD 1080p projects
* made multiple projects using same source videos with and without cross fade effects, and just dumping them in one after another in different order.
* I am not mixing different video formats, all are recoreded from same source and are in same frame rate / resolution etc..
* It is not the media player fault as H264 video is same on both computer and PS3, with my other video made about 2 months prior still playing fine
I am going to try and render on my wifes laptop which is 32bit and ubuntu is not as up to date to see how that works.
Please go easy on me, I am not a pro at this stuff, but if anyone has any suggestions or has resolved the same kind of issue, please let me know, or if this needs to be raised as a bug?