Rendering options and Kdenlive profiles may be quite complicated when it comes to exporting to professional formats or specific devices or in very high quality.
I was wondering it we could manage the profiles online, using Drupal? Then a PHP script would generate the export profile for Kdenlive. You would only need to download it OR kdenlive future versions may be able to fetch the export profiles on the web.
- Custom profiles for the RED ONE professional camcorder.
- Custom profiles and rendering options to export to XDCAM HD, IMX (D10), DVCAM (D10), DVCAM, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50 and DNxHD. Currently only deconding is supported. But it would be nice to export to standards reusable in a professional environment.
- Special profiles and rendering options for the Sony PSP and PlayStation 3 game consoles, cell phones, etc ...
- Etc ...
Also, I would like to explore quality settings, because default export options have too many artefacts.
Some formats are only variants of other formats. Examples:
D10 (aka Sony IMX)
ffmpeg -i <input_file> -vcodec mpeg2video -r 25 -pix_fmt yuv422p -minrate 50000k -maxrate 50000k -b 50000k -intra -flags +ildct+low_delay -dc 10 -flags2 +ivlc+non_linear_q -ps 1 -qmin 1 -qmax 3 -top 1 -bufsize 2000000 -rc_init_occupancy 2000000 -rc_buf_aggressivity 0.25 -an output.m2v
DVCAM / DVCPRO25 / DVCPRO50 Encoding
- ffmpeg -i <input_file> -pix_fmt yuv420p output_DVCAM.dv
- ffmpeg -i <input_file> -pix_fmt yuv411p output_DVCPRO25.dv
- ffmpeg -i <input_file> -pix_fmt yuv422p output_DVCPRO50.dv
Collaborative management would provide higher feedback and better quality.
The database would look like our camcorder database and would stay simple.
What do you think?