|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2013-12-10 08:48 CET|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001335||Kdenlive||Rendering||public||2009-12-09 18:51||2010-02-20 08:17|
|Platform||32 bit intel and alike||OS||Ubuntu Linux||OS Version||9.04|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.7.7|
|Summary||0001335: Jittery video from CamStudio screen caps|
|Description|| have screen caps produced by CamStudio that become jittery regardless of the output render format I choose. It seems there may be unnecessary de-interlacing going on. Some frames are perfectly clear while alternating frames are shifted slightly and blurry.|
My test project is a VGA NTSC project (640x480 progressive). My test clip is a 640x480 encoded with the CamStudio lossless codec. This plays fine in mplayer without any jittering. I've tried various render profiles but I'm currently testing with FFV1 lossless. When I play the output in mplayer or VLC the video jitters. Setting scanning to force progressive does not seem to make a difference.
I'm not sure if this is a rendering or input problem. It's hard to tell but it appears that the jittering may be present when I play in the clip monitor.
I've also tried converting the input clip to FFV1 using mencoder before loading into kdenlive. This does not appear to make a difference.
|Steps To Reproduce||Place attached test file on timeline in a new VGA NTSC project. Render to FFV1. View in VLC. Notice the text on the Firefox tab jitters.|
|Build/Install Method||Distribution package|
|Attached Files|| kdlwebsite.avi [^] (1,711,104 bytes) 2009-12-09 18:51|
registration1.ogv [^] (5,488,408 bytes) 2010-01-08 07:32
Reporting same problem, adding registration1.ogv as another example source. Details:
1. captured by recordmydesktop
2. profile used was size 1024x700, fps 15, pixel 1x1, aspect 1024x700
3. output was just the input file rendered with no effects
4. Possibly related issue: in this clip a few seconds are ignored, i.e the output rendered as well as clip/project monitor do not display the first few secs of the source.
Fix in MLT commit ce66386.
Indeed, the problem was that not all frames were properly indicating their interlaced status resulting in unneeded deinterlacing. If you are running a SVN version of Kdenlive, a while ago I had added a Force Progressive option in the Advanced section of the clip properties dialog that will let you workaround the problem.
|2009-12-09 18:51||pfong||New Issue|
|2009-12-09 18:51||pfong||File Added: kdlwebsite.avi|
|2009-12-22 06:00||ddennedy||Status||new => assigned|
|2009-12-22 06:00||ddennedy||Assigned To||=> ddennedy|
|2010-01-08 07:25||deven||Tag Attached: render|
|2010-01-08 07:32||deven||File Added: registration1.ogv|
|2010-01-08 07:38||deven||Note Added: 0004499|
|2010-01-11 03:39||ddennedy||Note Added: 0004509|
|2010-01-11 03:39||ddennedy||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2010-01-11 03:39||ddennedy||Fixed in Version||=> future version|
|2010-01-11 03:39||ddennedy||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2010-02-02 10:34||j-b-m||Fixed in Version||future version => 0.7.7|
|2010-02-20 08:17||j-b-m||Status||resolved => closed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2013 MantisBT Team|