Kdenlive   bug tracker Home page

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0001361KdenliveMLTpublic2009-12-31 15:002010-02-20 08:16
Reportereriksl 
Assigned Toddennedy 
PriorityhighSeveritycrashReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
Platformamd64OSFedora LinuxOS Version11
Product VersionRecent git 
Target VersionFixed in Version0.7.7 
Summary0001361: MLT memory leak
DescriptionWhen rendering/exporting HD material (1080p) to mjpeg+pcm in avi, MLT rapidly eats up all memory, making the computer totally unresponsive/unusable until the OOM killer comes in. This is with every HD clip I try.
Steps To ReproduceLoad one or more HD clips, render part or whole to mjpeg in avi.
Additional InformationI don't know how kdenlive calls MLT, so I'll report it here.

Version of kdenlive & MLT is svn/git from two weeks ago.

There are no other versions or remains thereof on the computer.
TagsNo tags attached.
Build/Install MethodManual build from SVN
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0004452)
eriksl (reporter)
2010-01-01 20:15

Build from latest svn/git kdenlive/mlt looks to have solved the issue. I did a quick test only, I don't know if it holds for bigger files.
(0004540)
ddennedy (developer)
2010-01-20 06:59

Have you tested this any more?
(0004551)
eriksl (reporter)
2010-01-21 20:54

No, at the moment I don't have any HD material to edit. But I will have within some time and I will report.
(0004672)
ddennedy (developer)
2010-02-08 06:02

I have found a big memory leak when the audio sample rate is different than the source clip. I am still working on finding the bug.
(0004725)
ddennedy (developer)
2010-02-19 07:48

This might have been fixed in MLT git commit 3631019 "36310193f4577075762be7f4ce6ccc35a2d537dc"
(0004726)
ddennedy (developer)
2010-02-19 07:51

Yes, now I see I made that commit the same day I reported that I reproduced the problem, and it certainly matches the description. Should be MLT v0.5.0.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2009-12-31 15:00 eriksl New Issue
2010-01-01 20:15 eriksl Note Added: 0004452
2010-01-20 06:59 ddennedy Note Added: 0004540
2010-01-20 06:59 ddennedy Status new => feedback
2010-01-21 20:54 eriksl Note Added: 0004551
2010-01-21 20:54 eriksl Status feedback => new
2010-01-21 21:02 ddennedy Status new => assigned
2010-01-21 21:02 ddennedy Assigned To => ddennedy
2010-02-08 06:02 ddennedy Note Added: 0004672
2010-02-19 07:48 ddennedy Note Added: 0004725
2010-02-19 07:51 ddennedy Note Added: 0004726
2010-02-19 07:51 ddennedy Status assigned => resolved
2010-02-19 07:51 ddennedy Fixed in Version => 0.7.7
2010-02-19 07:51 ddennedy Resolution open => fixed
2010-02-20 08:16 j-b-m Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker