|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-10-20 12:30 CEST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001755||Kdenlive||User Interface||public||2010-08-19 16:10||2010-08-20 08:48|
|Platform||32 bit intel and alike||OS||OpenSUSE||OS Version||11.0|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001755: I need a bin window to store prepared clips and sequences|
|Description||I edit large projects with few effects. I am surprised that kdenlive does not support my usual method for editing:|
- mark relevant in-out points to make a 'roll' from a raw video recording
(a single continuous video recording [kdenlive clip] may produce several 'rolls', I chose a different term, but I am used to call what kdenlive terms a 'clip' a 'piece' or 'raw shot' and what I called now a 'roll' is what I am used to call a 'clip', because I have _clipped_ it)
- store 'rolls' in a <bin> (that's what they were in film time) with an independent title and description.
- A <bin> window should have several tabs, for example if there are parallel actions "action A", "action B", "landscape", "details" -- so the prepared clips are a hand when I work on the structure
- On should be able to select a pre-edited sequence in the timeline and save it as a 'roll'
Or do these features exist, and it is a matter of learning and documenting?
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Build/Install Method||Distribution package|
edited on: 2010-08-19 19:39
Did you know you can use existing kdenlive project files as clips in another kdenlive project? So perhaps you could load a raw recording into a new project, trim it to your liking and save. Then later on you can use the saved project as a pre-edited 'roll' in another project.
I don't say there are no workarounds. This does only part of the trick, and raises new issues.
1) EASY: kdenlive projects should appear as 'supported files' in the 'Add clip' selection box.
2) A kdenlive project loaded as a clip is no more editable. As an editor, my first concern is content, then form. I normally make up a rough structure, and only when I feel sure enough, I trim and adjust and refine. If I insert a project as clip, I can't. If I try to open the project/clip and edit it, it won't affect anything that is in the time-line. Have to replace the 'roll'.
3) All clips go into the clip window. In the clip window, I can only see 6 clips or folders (21 when I hide the timeline). It is clumsy to organize clips when there are hundred of clips in tens of folders.
4) Access to clips is also clumsy with a large number. Spreadsheet-like named tabs would be better, but it's another feature request.
|2010-08-19 16:10||polbrian||New Issue|
|2010-08-19 19:39||tidris769||Note Added: 0005646|
|2010-08-19 19:39||tidris769||Note Edited: 0005646||View Revisions|
|2010-08-20 08:48||polbrian||Note Added: 0005652|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team|