|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-03-11 06:11 CET|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002080||Kdenlive||File Loading||public||2011-03-28 22:51||2011-11-01 18:56|
|Status||closed||Resolution||no change required|
|Platform||HP Elitebook 8540p||OS||Linux (x86_64) release 2.6.35-28||OS Version||Ubuntu 10.10|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.8.2|
|Summary||0002080: clip missing or invalid remove from project|
|Description||I have used Kdenlive 0.7.8 4.5.1 (KDE 4.5.1), Kubuntu packages successfully until this Monday morning 03/28/11.|
The error message when I try to import a video clip is that the clip is invalid or missing though they play well with movie player. I tried with .mov and .mp4, that has been used flawlessly in the past with kdenlive, same problem.
|Steps To Reproduce||Import a video clip in Kdenlive.|
|Additional Information||Looking in the forum, I found an old issue with ffmpeg:|
Looking at my version of ffmpeg, it is 0.6.2 built on March 26 2011 (i.e. 2 days ago). So I suspect the same incompatibility.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Build/Install Method||Distribution package|
|OK just realize it is the same as bug report 0002079.|
I solved the issue and the kdenlive error was just the tip of the iceberg:
Things indeed began when the 0.6.2 version of ffmpeg was automatically installed by the update manager (03/26/2011). Kdenlive was no more able to upload any video clips. However, at that moment, avi and mp4 were still playing in movie player.
Then I had to convert a mp4 to avi and since kdenlive was not working anymore, I installed Avidemux GTK+. During the installation I had dependency error with Gstreamer and ffmpeg. I tried for a while to resolve the dependency problem but it get worst and worst each time (Liborc-0.4-0, ...). I tried reinstalling Ubuntu through the terminal, but even though Ubuntu looked fine, it did not resolve the dependency.
So I decide to refresh my source list file (/etc/apt/sources.list) using the Ubuntu Source List Generator: http://repogen.simplylinux.ch/generate.php, [^] and that did it. It not only solved all the dependency problem between Gstreamer and ffmpeg but also solved the Kdenlive issue.
Everything fine now, even if I do not really understand what happened.
|You updated ffmpeg but MLT was not recompiled against it and since things change quit often in ffmpeg MLT wasn't able to get along with your new version of ffmpeg...|
|2011-03-28 22:51||pablanche||New Issue|
|2011-03-28 22:54||pablanche||Note Added: 0006635|
|2011-04-12 20:49||pablanche||Note Added: 0006653|
|2011-04-27 23:31||ttill||Note Added: 0006673|
|2011-04-27 23:31||ttill||Status||new => resolved|
|2011-04-27 23:31||ttill||Resolution||open => no change required|
|2011-07-05 12:15||j-b-m||Fixed in Version||=> 0.8.2|
|2011-11-01 18:56||j-b-m||Status||resolved => closed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team|