Kdenlive   bug tracker Home page

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0002218KdenliveBuild Systempublic2011-07-06 06:052011-07-07 23:17
ReporterAlexK 
Assigned Toj-b-m 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusassignedResolutionopen 
Platform32 bit intel and alikeOSDebian LinuxOS Version4.0
Product VersionRecent git 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0002218: Project clip duration is different from UI clip duration
DescriptionA composited JPG is reported in the UI at 11:08. Within the project file, monitor play-time & render it is `duration="125"'.

This was noticed for the first time when the project was rendered for the first time. Opening Kdenlive & looking in the UI, the clip was too short, so was extended to the correct length. The project has been opened / edited / closed many times since then. Currently, it still looks correct in the timeline, but the timeline does not match what appears within the monitor during playback, nor the project file.

No other clip in this or other projects shows this behaviour. The following may be coincidence:

Pan & Zoom is applied. In the Effect window the clip ends at rollover from 4:24 to 5:00
In the Monitor window the clip ends at rollover from 16:45:24 to 16:46:00

The photo with the problem is `dragonfly-fossil.jpg'.

(I do not know what category this is supposed to fit within)
Additional Information$ $HOME/kdenlive/20110704/start-kdenlive --version
Kdenlive Builder Wizard version: 11
libvpx: commit b4f70084cc64b8304005a385cb0a670431aced20 Date: Fri Jul 1 07:14:34 2011 -0700
x264: commit 4c552d873ada1be3cf2d77965427fab599d051a0 Date: Thu Jun 9 01:34:14 2011 +0400
frei0r: commit 6c65d6a48b8c0d51791bc3ba7e25a161c95fac30 Date: Wed Mar 16 00:54:34 2011 -0700
ffmpeg: commit 80f1cfd09d15be441d6b22c259397aaec29a7b27 Date: Mon Jul 4 11:15:14 2011 +0200
mlt: commit 6481ebb58cf2f477d12fcf563903aeea6fe90928 Date: Sun Jul 3 13:12:26 2011 -0700
kdenlive: Revision: 5762 Last Changed Date: 2011-07-04 09:18:01 +0100 (Mon, 04 Jul 2011)
Qt: 4.7.3
KDE Development Platform: 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)
Kdenlive: 0.8.1 (rev. 5762)

I've tried changing the clip length from the UI, including from current to 5:00, then back to 11:08, saving at each change. The UI then plays in the monitor correctly. However, although the filedate changes at each filesave, the parameters do not change. On closing Kdenlive / re-opening, the situation is back to where it was in the first place.
TagsNo tags attached.
Build/Install MethodBuild Wizard
Attached Files? file icon ei.kdenlive [^] (129,821 bytes) 2011-07-06 06:05

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0007043)
AlexK (reporter)
2011-07-06 06:14

I've just tried:

1 edit to 5:00 duration, JPG + composite; save & exit
2 open, edit to 11:08 duration, JPG + composite; save & exit
3 open & play

The clip looks correct in the timeline, but ends after 5 minutes. Grr.
(0007044)
j-b-m (administrator)
2011-07-06 11:47

Ah, took me some time to understand but I was able to reproduce. Your image clip is proxied, so I think it is a bug in proxy images. Will look at it asap, but in the meantime, disabling the proxy on that clip should fix the problem.
(0007045)
j-b-m (administrator)
2011-07-06 13:06

Should be fixed by commit 5769, I just hope it doesn't cause other problems with proxy clips on document loading, but should be ok.
(0007046)
AlexK (reporter)
2011-07-06 17:00

Yes - right-click on clip in Project Tree & remove tick Proxy; expanded to correct size; save; shut down / restart Kdenlive and, hey presto! it had retained it's duration.

I am rendering right now. 2 1/2 hours - guess I need a faster computer, since an extra 4GB memory hasn't made much difference - and we shall see if the rendered file is correct.

I'll also get the latest SVN (a real pain, as all the KDE configs need updating as well - I wish that someone would fix that as well) & I'll report back on that as a final fix.

Why do I have to have such a genius on finding bugs?
(0007068)
AlexK (reporter)
2011-07-07 23:17

Discovered only *after* rendering that yet another image clip was proxied & foreshortened, so had to fix & re-re-render at another 3 hours.

This project has finally rendered OK after finding a dozen bugs! Hooray!

Please, mark this one closed.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2011-07-06 06:05 AlexK New Issue
2011-07-06 06:05 AlexK File Added: ei.kdenlive
2011-07-06 06:14 AlexK Note Added: 0007043
2011-07-06 11:47 j-b-m Note Added: 0007044
2011-07-06 11:47 j-b-m Assigned To => j-b-m
2011-07-06 11:47 j-b-m Status new => acknowledged
2011-07-06 13:06 j-b-m Note Added: 0007045
2011-07-06 13:06 j-b-m Status acknowledged => feedback
2011-07-06 17:00 AlexK Note Added: 0007046
2011-07-06 17:00 AlexK Status feedback => assigned
2011-07-07 23:17 AlexK Note Added: 0007068


Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker