|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-09-16 16:02 CEST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002222||Kdenlive||Rendering||public||2011-07-07 23:41||2014-08-01 17:26|
|Platform||x86_64||OS||Fedora Linux||OS Version||14|
|Product Version||Recent git|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.9.8|
|Summary||0002222: Current version completely unusable|
|Description||Since upgrading to 0.8 (cut=rrent git version) Kdenlive has basically become unusable for me.|
Editing AVHCD (from my Canon HF-S200) or H.264 Quicktime (form my 550d/t2i) was possible with relatively little problem with 0.7.8. However I've just "upgraded" to the current git version and essentially Kdenlive has become unusable.
Usually projects are school plays, I generally deinterlace the HF-S200 output as the 550d output is progressive and use the lossless-fast profile in ffmpeg for encoding. Previously (0.7.8) this has worked well but now I find that playback in clip monitor is hesitant and just adding one clip to the project and attempting playback in the project monitor seems to show the initial frame only, plays the audio for a few seconds then stops altogether.
Needless to say this means that 0.8 is unusable for me.
|Steps To Reproduce||fire up kdenlive, add an AVCHD clip, try to do anything with it.|
|Additional Information||Yes, I know that I could try proxy files - not all that clear that's the solution as 0.7.8 seems to cope well enough (albeit performance is not stellar it does work). I have what should be a fast enough platform (i7 920 clocked at 4GHz, 12GB RAM, 3TB RAID5 disk array).|
MLT is the current git version, ffmpeg is 0.7 "old abi" built locally from the rpmfusion src RPMs
"Rendering" is the wrong category but you don't have a "general" category
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Build/Install Method||Manual build from SVN|
Maybe you fetched mlt or kdenlive at a bad moment.
Does it work with both latest kdenlive from svn and latest mlt from git?
>Maybe you fetched mlt or kdenlive at a bad moment.
>Does it work with both latest kdenlive from svn and latest mlt from git?
I tried several different combinations of MLT and Kdenlive including "official" releases and copies from git - the MLT version doesn't seem to affect the issue having tried 0.7.0, 0.7.2 and 0.7.4, similarly the underlying version of ffmpeg doesn't seem to change things.
I also tried the 0.8 release as well as later git pulls so it didn't seem to be a "bad day to pull the sources" problem.
I will try the latest MLT & Kdenlive when I get chance.
I have just done a fresh "git pull" and compiled today's (23/Aug/2011) versions of both Kdenlive and MLT and can confirm that there are still problems.
Looking at this in slightly more detail I find that _sometimes_ things work and sometimes they don't. I think the current git pull is better than when I originally reported the problem but only a little.
For example taking a file from the 550D (which is a H.264 encoded video in a quicktime wrapper) I can add it to the time-line and play the clip OK in the project monitor. This isn't any different from 0.7.8.
However if I click on the position ruler to skip the playback point forward or backward a few seconds then playback stops being smooth. Audio seems to continue now (so that is better than previous versions) but the video only displays one frame every few seconds (?? the I frames- the rate seems about right).
If one clip follows on from another in the timeline (note no transition, just "spliced" together) playback can be smooth up to the end of one clip, then continues as described above for the second.
So long as I only move the playback point when the video is not playing and don't start to play the project too quickly after changing the playback point it is generally OK.
In 0.7.8 I could move around the timeline without problems - although overall performance isn't as good with the older version (i.e. when 0.8.x works it is better than 0.7.8)
The clip monitor is similarly affected, if I try to alter the playback point while the clip is playing.
Using the MLT command line to display the video I can skip forward or backward without problems.
Had time to look at this a little more - the problem is using >1 MLT processing thread.
Probably, therefore, an MLT issue.
(old pbm but standed for a while)
JBM disabled the bad MLT multi-thread option in april, included in 0.9.8: wrong config should not occur anymore...
|2011-07-07 23:41||ptf||New Issue|
|2011-08-10 15:53||ttill||Note Added: 0007172|
|2011-08-10 15:53||ttill||Status||new => feedback|
|2011-08-10 19:26||ptf||Note Added: 0007185|
|2011-08-10 19:26||ptf||Status||feedback => new|
|2011-08-23 21:21||ptf||Note Added: 0007213|
|2011-08-29 00:38||ptf||Note Added: 0007235|
|2014-08-01 17:26||vpinon||Note Added: 0010150|
|2014-08-01 17:26||vpinon||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-08-01 17:26||vpinon||Fixed in Version||=> 0.9.8|
|2014-08-01 17:26||vpinon||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2014-08-01 17:26||vpinon||Assigned To||=> j-b-m|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team|