|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2013-12-05 22:21 CET|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002805||Kdenlive||User Interface||public||2012-10-28 19:54||2012-12-15 17:43|
|Platform||64 bit||OS||Ubuntu||OS Version||10.04|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0002805: Crash on applying filters to "stabilized" mlt videos.|
|Description||Kdenlive crashes after applying zoom and pan filters onto videos that have been stabilized using videostab.|
|Steps To Reproduce||1) Import video 720p into kdenlive|
2) use option stabilize -> videostab
3) drag from movie lists onto timeline
4) apply an effect zoom or pan, or any other of this type
5) move a cursor on any direction
6) movie display is garbaged and then kdenlive crashes
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Build/Install Method||Distribution package|
|Attached Files|| kdenlive-20121028.kcrash [^] (10,557 bytes) 2012-10-28 19:54 [Show Content]
kdenlive-20121124b.kcrash [^] (6,755 bytes) 2012-11-24 23:22 [Show Content]
edited on: 2012-10-28 20:43
Kdenlive crashes even on cutting such a film - it's enough to drag onto timeline a stabilized video, apply zoom and pan (Polish "przesun i zbliz", settings width 1300, height 720, size 101,5% checkbox allowing for distorting is checked, background color - black) filter and then cut this video. Kdelive crashes every time I try this. This is 100% reproductable on this project.
|tested with an 1080 video, and could not reproduce it. did you test also the latest git version of kdenlive and mlt (since there was fixed a bug which could cause this bug). in my test no crash did happen|
|No, I happens only on 0.9.2 that I use on daily basis (great product!). Maybe in git versions it has been fixed. Sorry I cannot experiment on a production system. Neither I would install an experimental version onto it. I think that this bug has something with processes that start immediately after drag a video onto timeline. If I leave project for at least 15 minutes after import and drag onto timeline, it works. Strange.|
edited on: 2012-11-25 00:01
1. stabilize any a bit shaky 720p or 1080p 30fps video using vstab - stabilization metod IS important.
2. in the same directory a file .mlt will be created.
3. open a new empty project
4. drag and drop original unstabilized version into project tree, change project type if necessary to match imported video format
5. drag and drop .mlt file into project tree
6. drag and drop "stabilized" video from project tree onto timeline
7. place cursor inside that video
8. kdenlive crashes. 100% reproductable. Tried 15 times, crashes 15 times.
I can tell that video stabilization cannot be used in kdenlive, because it makes this application totally unstable (with segmentation fault as noticed in crash reports).
I am testing stabilization with "transcode" method and kdenlive 0.9.3+git20121211 + melt 0.8.7+git20121211.
I have no issue combining a stabilized clip and the pan and zoom effect (using transcode or videostab).
But, I have a similar problem here with stabilized video and the speed effect. I am currently testing with
- stabilize a video using transcode method
- put the .mlt generated clip into the timeline
- add a speed effect to 120% or 50%
putting 120% reduce the clip to a width of zero
putting 50% makes kdenlive crash
|2012-10-28 19:54||marcinm||New Issue|
|2012-10-28 19:54||marcinm||File Added: kdenlive-20121028.kcrash|
|2012-10-28 20:41||marcinm||Note Added: 0008554|
|2012-10-28 20:42||marcinm||Note Edited: 0008554||View Revisions|
|2012-10-28 20:43||marcinm||Note Edited: 0008554||View Revisions|
|2012-10-28 21:50||gmarco||Note Added: 0008555|
|2012-10-29 08:59||marcinm||Note Added: 0008556|
|2012-11-24 23:22||marcinm||File Added: kdenlive-20121124b.kcrash|
|2012-11-24 23:26||marcinm||Note Added: 0008661|
|2012-11-25 00:00||marcinm||Note Edited: 0008661||View Revisions|
|2012-11-25 00:01||marcinm||Note Edited: 0008661||View Revisions|
|2012-12-15 17:43||ptitmain||Note Added: 0008792|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2013 MantisBT Team|