Kdenlive   bug tracker Home page

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0002996KdenliveRenderingpublic2013-02-23 12:432013-04-07 08:45
Reporterttguy 
Assigned Toj-b-m 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityhave not tried
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
Platform32 bit intel and alikeOSUbuntuOS Version12.04
Product Version0.9.4 
Target VersionFixed in Version0.9.6 
Summary0002996: project metadata - title truncated at first space
DescriptionIn working up more doco for the manual I was playing with project metadata. And I noticed that the title added to metadata seems to get truncated at the first space. See http://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manual/Project_Menu/Render#Export_Metadata [^]

Also the Year does not get exported to metadata.

This was rendering to H.264
Steps To ReproduceAdd metadata to the project under Project Settings metadata tab. Render to a file with export metadata checked. Use ffprobe to look at the metadata on the encoded file.
TagsNo tags attached.
Build/Install Method3rd party package
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0009317)
ttguy (reporter)
2013-02-23 13:07

I have reproduced this now. Truncates title at a space.
(0009318)
j-b-m (administrator)
2013-02-23 15:43

Should be fixed in git now, thanks. Year and Author are exported, but FFmpeg expects Date and Artist now. As a minimal workaround, I now added the possibility to add new metadata filed, so just add "artist" and "date" to see them in ffmpeg*
(0009351)
ttguy (reporter)
2013-02-27 08:21

Testing this now. One thing I notice is that if you change the metadata on a project, Kdenlive does not mark the file as "dirty". What I mean is that Kdenlive does not register that the project has changed and needs saving.

Might be good to fix that little glitch too. Not a big problem though.
(0009352)
ttguy (reporter)
2013-02-27 11:08
edited on: 2013-02-27 11:09

Confirm that the truncate title problem is fixed.
The add new metadata fields option works.
Example result in ffprobe:

Metadata:
    major_brand : isom
    minor_version : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
    title : Bailey the dog
    artist : Roger Morton
    date : 1/2/2013
    encoder : Lavf53.21.1
    copyright : vsf

(0009357)
j-b-m (administrator)
2013-02-27 20:53

I just fixed the project modified issue.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2013-02-23 12:43 ttguy New Issue
2013-02-23 13:07 ttguy Note Added: 0009317
2013-02-23 15:43 j-b-m Note Added: 0009318
2013-02-23 15:43 j-b-m Assigned To => j-b-m
2013-02-23 15:43 j-b-m Status new => feedback
2013-02-27 08:21 ttguy Note Added: 0009351
2013-02-27 08:21 ttguy Status feedback => assigned
2013-02-27 11:08 ttguy Note Added: 0009352
2013-02-27 11:09 ttguy Note Edited: 0009352 View Revisions
2013-02-27 20:53 j-b-m Note Added: 0009357
2013-02-27 20:53 j-b-m Status assigned => resolved
2013-02-27 20:53 j-b-m Fixed in Version => Recent git
2013-02-27 20:53 j-b-m Resolution open => fixed
2013-04-07 08:45 j-b-m Fixed in Version Recent git => 0.9.6
2013-04-07 08:45 j-b-m Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker