|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-04-24 10:29 CEST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003061||Kdenlive||Rendering||public||2013-04-15 15:24||2013-09-13 03:42|
|Platform||64 bit||OS||Kubuntu||OS Version||12.10|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0003061: Rendering to a non-native video resolution triggers gaps in the audio track|
|Description||When I render a video, using video files from my Canon camera (1920x1080 in 23.84 FPS) and audio files recorded from my microphone, I noticed that the rendered file contained many gaps in the audio track, whatever the chosen format was. I figured out it only occured when downscaling the video format to a lower resolution.|
|Steps To Reproduce||Get my test files from http://mahen.free.fr/kdenlive_test_case [^]|
(cat.MOV and sifflement.wav)
- create a blank project (1080p, 24.98 FPS)
- insert the video file
- insert the sound file
- render in any format. For instance mpeg4 with mp3 sound.
- make sure you asked kdenlive to resize the video size to 1280x720
You should get many gaps in the resulting video file.
|Additional Information||I use Kubuntu 12.10, 64 bits, with the Kdenlive PPA (so libmlt 0.8.8 and kdenlive 0.9.6 -- also occured with kdenlive 0.9.4).|
My camera produces video files in 1920x1080 and 23.98 frames per second, with 48 KHz audio while my audio files are 44.1 KHz. However, I tried tons of combinations of settings (like changing the sample rate, codecs, exporting the whole soundtrack to a different rate then re-importing it, etc.) and it made no difference.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Build/Install Method||3rd party package|
One more important note : exporting the soundtrack separately works. So one work-around was to replace afterwards in avidemux the defective audio track with the formely separately exported one.
... or just to keep the native video format.
Just out of curiosity, to rule out some of the possible factors, I tried to reproduce this bug under Kubuntu 13.04 (64 bits), with libmlt 0.8.8 and kdenlive 0.9.6.
-> the bug occurs as well.
|I found the bug causing this crackling audio when changing the video resolution in the Render dialog. I just fixed in MLT git tonight (commit e69f03). You can check it in daily build dated May 2 or later.|
|Thank you ever so much for the quick fix ! I'll get back to you when I have the opportunity to test this version !|
I had the exact same (video rescale related) problem on 12.04 64-bit. I was using the ppa:sunab/kdenlive-release PPA. (kdenlive 0.9.6 and MLT 0.8.8) I switched to upstream MLT 0.9 from the Git repository and recompiled kdenlive 0.9.6 from source since the DEB package from PPA wouldn't cooperate. No more problems whatsoever. You could also try ppa:sunab/kdenlive-svn but I didn't want daily updates to break things in the middle of a project!
|2013-04-15 15:24||bidinou||New Issue|
|2013-04-15 15:27||bidinou||Note Added: 0009488|
|2013-04-27 18:53||bidinou||Note Added: 0009504|
|2013-05-02 09:08||ddennedy||Note Added: 0009513|
|2013-05-02 09:08||ddennedy||Assigned To||=> ddennedy|
|2013-05-02 09:08||ddennedy||Status||new => feedback|
|2013-05-02 19:55||bidinou||Note Added: 0009518|
|2013-05-02 19:55||bidinou||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2013-05-03 04:53||Goog||Note Added: 0009519|
|2013-05-08 21:24||Goog||Note Deleted: 0009519|
|2013-06-05 21:57||linuxpgn||Note Added: 0009576|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team|