|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-04-20 08:18 CEST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003121||Kdenlive||File Loading||public||2013-06-05 23:03||2013-06-05 23:03|
|Platform||64 bit||OS||Kubuntu||OS Version||12.04|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0003121: Big H.264/MPEG-4 AVC File (1.7GB) not previewable, searchable, cuttable|
|Description||Capture device: Panasonic HDC SD-5.|
File format: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) - 1440x1080 @ 50fps
I have a 1.7Gigabyte clip (44:13 min) from this device, and it is not possible to jump to random frames in it and preview them, or playback from the desired position at all. However it IS possible to playback the clip from the beginning to the end. The clip is always played from the beginning or from the paused position, no matter to which timeline position I navigate within the clip.
This affects the clip monitor as well as the project monitor. I tried navigating the clip both through the slider beneath the clip/project monitor, as well as through the video track where I added the clip.
It is subsequently also not possible to cut/render this clip correctly "blindly".
By contrast, VLC can play and seek within said file just fine.
On another note, all the other, smaller clip files, which were captured which the same camera/configuration/codec, can be handled by kdenlive just fine, it seems. I even have a 1GB file from the same capture device, which I can seek from within kdenlive just fine.
Maybe the reason of this bug is not the file size alone, but it is the only difference I can spot as a layman.
Thanks for looking into this.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. add file as clip|
2. through the slider of the clip monitor, or through the digit inputfield, try to navigate to, say, minute 20 (of 44). Expected result: frame/scene from minute 20 is shown in preview. Actual result: Frame from the beginning of the clip is still shown.
3. Try to playback from the newly selected position. Expected result: Playback starts from minute 20. Actual result: Playback starts from the beginning of the clip
4. add clip to video track 1
5. try steps 2-3 by using the project monitor instead of the clip monitor. same results
6. Trying to navigate by mouse within the video track 1 produces the same results
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Build/Install Method||Distribution package|
|2013-06-05 23:03||maen71||New Issue|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team|