This is the first release of Kdenlive for KDE 4. Here is a quick list of improvements over the previous KDE 3 version:
- Complete rewrite of the communication with the MLT video framework, which means a huge speedup in all timeline operations
- Capture from different sources: DV, HDV, webcam and screen grab
- Better KDE integration (notifications, job progress, Nepomuk annotations)
- More effects and transitons (improved support for Freior)
- Full undo support with history
- Video rendering is now completely independant from main application, you can safely work while rendering
- Initial support for Jog Shuttle devices
Kdenlive is currenlty translated in Czech, Dutch, Danish, Catalan, Spanish, German, French, and Italian.
Source code and info about binary packages is available on our download page.
For more information, please check our website:
Bugs can be reported at:
For user questions, check our forums and IRC channel:
IRC channel: #kdenlive on freenode