We are glad to announce the release of Kdenlive 0.7.3
Lots of bugs were fixed in this release, including some crashes triggered in Qt 4.5 and a lot of cleanup was done in the code.
The new features are:
- Clip grouping
- Creation of rendering scripts for delayed rendering
- Double pass encoding for rendering (just add "pass=2" to your profile)
- Track locking
- Configurable monitor background color for better previewing
- Web updates: you can now download new rendering profiles from Kdenlive's web site
- Split audio, allows you to separate a clip in it's audio and video parts
- Improved compatibility with Kdenlive 0.5 project files
You can download Kdenlive source code from our Sourceforge page, and see the compilation instructions. As usual, binary packages will be announced in our pages when available.
Kdenlive uses the MLT framework for all video processing. We recommend that you use the latest MLT version ( 0.3.8) for a better compatibility.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to that release by testing, giving feedback and providing patches.