Kdenlive 0.7.4 is now released.
- Compatibility with the new 0.4.x versions of MLT
- Rendering jobs now start one after another instead of all together
- Rewritten DVD wizard, allowing for chapters, several buttons in menu and easy preview
- Start of a transcoding feature, allowing to easily convert a clip in another format
- New icon for Kdenlive by Alberto Villa
- Lots of bug fixes (see full list) and small other improvements
With this new release, we encourage all users to participate to the project by using our different services: bug tracker, forum, content sharing, etc.
We also want to launch a new icon contest. Several users expressed the fact that a film strip as icon is a bit outdated for a digital video application, so we would like to open a contest, more on that soon.
We also would like to ask for help in the translation department, so if you feel like giving some help to translate Kdenlive, please contact us.
You can download Kdenlive source code from our Sourceforge page, and see the compilation instructions. As usual, binary packages should be available soon from your distribution, check our binary packages for infos.
Kdenlive uses the MLT framework for all video processing. You need MLT >= 0.4.0.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to that release by testing, giving feedback and providing patches.