This is my workflow for editing large projects.
Source footage: Full HD 1920x1080
1) Only Import the footage which is used in that partiular scene.
2) Convert it to proxy - mjpeg qscale 5
3) Edit the scene and save it and close. (A scene about 5 mins or 3)
4) Create another project for another scene
5) Repeat No.2 & 3 step
6) After all the scenes being perfectly edited create a new project. (Main sequence)
7) Import all the scenes (Importing kdenlive xml as footage)
8) Order and join it together.
The only problem i am facing is importing multiple project file into kdenlive isn't officially supported. Hence all the xml files i import shows as a single footage, which is not good. If i need to do a brush up of that particular scene i have to open the project again, and it gets updated in the main sequence.
I want to know how you guys edit larger projects. Because editing more than 20 mins of projects with large number of files, kdenlive is unstable and crashes. So I opted for this workflow.
What's the workflow of you guys.
1) While importing XML project into kdenlive try to import the whole project and not like a footage.