Kdenlive 0.8.2.1

I just upgraded to 0.8.2.1 and can no longer drag clips from the clip monitor to the time line.. Any ideas?
I am using Ubuntu 11.10

Forums:

Try different types of video files and see if some work. Try small clips first. Give it some time to load the files into memory before moving them into the time line. The issue I'm having is the time it takes to create the thumbnails. However it is still allowing me to add the files to the timeline, so this may not be your issue.

The last straw:

Uninstall it and install using sunabs ppa

On Ubuntu 11.04:
In the last few days, I have become unable to get sound with my H.264 mp4 files. The sound is fine when played within kdenlive. No error messages are produced, and the script is unchanged. 2-pass encoding WITH sound is selected even tho it is the default. I was using the libfaac codec for about 6 months as suggested on this forum (as aac had been producing obnoxious audio effects) but it no longer seems to work. Neither ffmpeg(4:0.6.4-0ubuntu0.11.04.1) nor libfaac(1.26-0.1ubuntu2 (libfaac0)) seem to have been upgraded recently. Perhaps this is a result of the Kdenlive upgrade?

I am trying an encode with the aac codec again, and it still produces a high pitched "skirling" sound especially at higher volumes compared to the original at least at 128K that libfaac never did.

[SOLVED] The latest upgrade of ffmpeg was compiled for ubuntu this month and was undoubtedly upgraded on my box in the last week. It does not have libfaac due to non-GPL issues. I believe I have fixed that now by using medibuntu repositories and thanks to: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1117283 (HOWTO: Easily enable MP3, MPEG4, AAC, and other restricted encoders in FFmpeg)
------------------
FFmpeg version 0.6.4-4:0.6.4-0ubuntu0.11.04.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the Libav developers
built on Jan 4 2012 16:13:16 with gcc 4.5.2
------------------
of course one can test this by checking: ffmpeg -codecs to see if libfaac is available in your version