Just a quick note about Kdenlive 0.7.1 know issues:
- H.264 export display aspect ratio is broken.
Export 16:9 in H.264 will display in 4:3.
- AVCHD decoding sometimes is slow. Timestamps may be incorrect. There are three possibilities for Kdenlive future:
- Modify MLT and drop B-frames during display.
- Or make use of a future Nvidia VDPAU patch and implement CDPAU in MLT. Nvidia solution would allow 2K to 4K high resolution cams used in cinema.
- Or use proxy editing (convert to low resolution during editing).
All this depends on the help of volunteers.