can we have the multi track view also for the preview monitor ?
IMHO it's the more logical place since I'm viewing source files (clips) ...
The other thing is that I can't check the resulting mix of the timeline with the actual concept.
So, the other option would be to include the timeline mix into the multi track view - but personally I prefer the first option, since my kdenlive layout shows both monitors; the clip monitor on the left side and the timeline monitor on the right.
Further more I hope the multi track view will be enhanced later on (after 0.5 of course ;) ) to offer same functionality as the so called multicam mode.
btw - actually I could need such functionality, since I should create a video for the band of a friend of mine. The shot is done using multiple cameras ;)
In kdenlive jargon this could be called something like "multi source clip" or "multi source mode" where I easily can add transitions or simple jump-points via shortcuts during playback which could be done via rubber-bands like this idea.
Let me give you a first idea of what I imagine right now:
- User create a "multi source clip"
- add some files (kdenlive adapt the length of the "multi source clip")
- user start "multi source clip playback"
- each section (source clip) of the multi track view add the corresponding track number to the section, so user know what clip is placed in which track.
- during playback user simply use the number keys to switch tracks
oh, I just notice that this suggestion is similar to what vj tools like "lives" are doing ;)
- maybe there could be also some shortcuts that apply transition on the fly like "shift+n" ...
- after finishing playback user can modify the recorded session by tweaking the rubber-bands.