Solution to the problem of kdenlive rendering with mlt 0.7.8 on Ubuntu 12.04

Hi,

Sorry for my english.

Searching on forum, I found this topic: http://www.kdenlive.org/forum/solved-kdenlive-rendering-crashed

It relates the problem of mlt with aac sound support. I remembered I had already solved problems like this in Ubuntu with the command padsp, which emulates the dsp device (since it no longer exists on Ubuntu).

So I test in Kdenlive, and it worked!

I used this command: padsp kdenlive

Forums:

Proxy still chrashes. Didn't try rendering...

What version of Kdenlive are you using? If it is 0.9, the version on the repository really chrashes. Try to build the source.

I'm using the version from ubuntu 12.04 repositories. Waiting for sunab's version :)

@KoRnholio8

Kdenlive 0.9 release changelog extract :
Fix crash on proxy creation (concurrency issue) (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2471)

12.04 builds are ready.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm very interested to know on what os platform kdenlive is initially built on? This way i can duel boot that distro just to use kden. This is very frustrating. Slackware must be close, because vector linux is the only distro I've come across other than arch were kden hasn't crashed.

I've upgraded to 0.9, but proxy returs the following message:

ffmpeg version 0.8.1-4:0.8.1-0ubuntu1, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the Libav developers
built on Mar 22 2012 05:09:06 with gcc 4.6.3
This program is not developed anymore and is only provided for compatibility. Use avconv instead (see Changelog for the list of incompatible changes).

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 50.00 (50/1) -> 50.00 (50/1)
Input #0, mpegts, from '/home/jurijt/Posnetki/Canon HFS100/2012-05-11 Otvoritev minirampa Urban Roof/00031.MTS':
Duration: 00:00:15.84, start: 0.484189, bitrate: 23958 kb/s
Program 1
Stream #0.0[0x1011]: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 50 fps, 50 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
Stream #0.1[0x1100]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 256 kb/s
Unknown encoder 'libmp3lame'

@ KoRnholio8:

You need to install the mp3 codec, install package:

libmp3lame0

Its dependency changes with mlt and melt that's the problem especially with constant updates. If a new dependency is introduced that uses another dependency well there you have it. Broken. kdenlive should work closely with releases to find common ground and this could be avoided. A quick and dirty fix is a fresh os install then turn off updates. Then install kdenlive. Only downside is your frozen in time. The best alternative is to use a distro that has built kdenlive for that distro rather than community based such as in my case Vector linux. On my ubuntu machine both kdenlive 0.9 is broken and the new openshot. I can fix this by rebuilding both to play nice in the sandbox but afterwards i always have to watch the dependencies with every update that ubuntu issues.....:(

@j-b-m: already installed - tried reinstalling, still the same error.

OK, proxy working - had to install ubuntu-restricted-extras.

Thanks j-b-m and sunab!

Kdenlive on my computer only works if I launch with padsp. Anyone know why?

Kdenlive 0.8.2.1/ Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits
Unable to render anything. Kdenlive crashed
What I did:
Tried to purge, update, reinstall without improvement.
Removed the file home/user/.kde/share/config/kdenliverc
Then started kdenlive from console with: padsp kdenlive
I can render perfectly now
Hope it will solve some issues