I'm new to kdenlive, and first of all, I want to express my thanks and appreciation for an excellent piece of software.
I'm trying to do the following in kdenlive version 0.8.2.1, and I haven't been able to figure out how to perform steps 4, 6, and 8 ...
1. [I know how to do this] Add a clip to kdenlive.
2. [I know how to do this] Put it on the timeline.
3. [I know how to do this] Use the Razor tool to split it into pieces.
4. [*** I don't know how to do this ***] Move all but one of the pieces to a temporary area, leaving only one piece on the timeline.
5. [I know how to do this] Apply effects and/or transitions to the piece that is sitting in the timeline.
6. [*** I don't know how to do this ***] Move this one altered piece to a temporary area, and then put one of the other previously saved pieces into the timeline.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until I have modified all the pieces that I want to change. Then, go to step 8 ...
8. [*** I don't know how to do this ***] Put all the saved pieces back into the timeline in the appropriate order.
9. [I think I can figure out how to do this] Join all the pieces together.
10. [I know how to do this] Render the entire altered video.
Thanks in advance for any pointers to documentation or suggestions as to how I can accomplish what I'd like to do.