A projects derived from one template using Save As function - hence templated projects - seems to be interconnected even if they are apparently separated independent files.
How to reproduce.
-Lets have a template project file.
-Add one video clip, create one text clip
- Create two independent project from that template - testA and testB.
-- Load template project - save as project A
-- Load template project again - save as project B
- Alter text in text clip in both project.
- Add text clip on timeline
- Switch project to B - alter text
- Switch to project A - you will see text from B project!
- Switch back to template project - you will see text from B project!
- Switch to project A - alter text here
- Switch to project B - you will see text from A project!
- Switch back to template project - you will see text from A project!
Note: you will see wrong text only in Timeline Monitor or Timeline Thumbnails, in properties window, the text is OK.
This seems to be some kind of cache bug.
MLT cache bug?
I use templated project technique to achieve the same text position in text clips for all subprojects. So I use it heavily so it is a serious bug for me.
The way round is to never use templated (original) text clip directly in subprojects but use only duplicated text clips, those are not affected
(not tested for duplicated text clips having the incidentally the same name across projects)