This is the second service release of the 16.08 cycle with a total of 36 commits fixing many keyframe related problems as well as improvements to proxy clip rendering, user interface, workflow and compilation issues.
This cycle saw the launch of the Toolbox section of the website, a collection of posts covering in depth reviews of new and existing tools and features.
- Fix MLT Playlist proxying after recent proxy profile changes
- Fix proxy profiles to keep aspect ratio
- Fix broken keyframes on image/title clips
- Fix automatic playback of file with space in name
- Fix simplekeyframe effects (eg. blur) allowing keyframe one frame after end of clip after resize
- Change defaults for Color selection effect so that we don’t get a black screen at startup
- Fix “Make DocTools dep optional”
- Fix scalable application icon
- Make DocTools dep optional
- Warn about resize failure
- Don’t unnecessarily expand effect stack when unselecting a transition
- Fix several geometry effects broken on locale with comma separator (french, german,…)
- Fix importing library clip hanging with relative paths, improve error reporting
- Add the namespace to the appdata file
- Fix copy/paste of keyframes in transitions
- Add option to remove keyframes after cursor position
- Only allow importing position if keyframes have no width/height info
- Fix header
- Fix compilation
- Fix copy/paste of keyframes
- Fix several issues when editing an animation parameter in timeline (keyframes corruption)
- Fix disappearing keyframes in animated parameters (Transform effect and Composite+Transform transition)
- Fix keyframe type icons
- Fix incorrect initialization of Composite transition
- Fix crash when changing project fps while a clip was selected in timeline
- Slow motion clips: don’t mix clip state with strobe param from older project files
- Fix possible crash when closing a project or deleting a clip with subclips
- Fix some clip jobs incorrectly adding new clip
- Fix snapping when moving keyframe in effect stack
- Do not silently overwrite reversed clip
- Fix Recent regression – groups lost on project opening
- Fix clip monitor starting to play after drag
- Fix track effect added to wrong track
- Fix crash when changing project fps if timeline contains groups
- Fix groups on upper track disappearing when inserting a new track
- FIx proxy used for rendering when app started from home dir
Many thanks for all the hard work!
This work is awesome!
Thou Guys plz it is very unstable! Even the auto-save actually saves wrong things! I have to manually backup pretty often to be sure not to lose work. ='(
Which OS are you using? Do you have Movit (GPU processing) enabled?
One of the buggiest & unstable of kdenlives in last years 🙁
Could I have old 16.08.1 please.
Can you please be more specific, so we can help you? I can understand your sentiment, but just venting your anger won’t buy you any help. How are we supposed to help when you are not giving any information. Please also understand that we see a lot of trouble caused by distribution packagers. Such issues are out of our reach, and we ask our users to report these issues to their distro packagers to make them aware of the crashes. Thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding.
Just for your reference, my Kubuntu 16.04LTS, 16GB, AMD GPU, even with Kdenlive development version (aka git master) is rock solid, and I use it on a regular basis in my day work.
FIREWIRE PLEASE!!! It is one of the strengths of Linux to support older hardware, now without firewire I can not work with KDEnlive. Please do not just simply remove features, instead stabilize and add new features slowly, but please never remove already exitsing things.
I feel bad. Please add back firewire, I do not want to reinstall Windows just for this. What a bad, bad day.
Thanks for the update regarding Firewire..
I am also missing it for my DV-tape video camera. Kdenlive was the only program in Linux i could find that did a good job.
You mention other programs that still support firewire in linux.
Please mention what programs ?
Thanks for a brilliant program.
At this time, there is still firewire support in Linux, using stand-alone tools. Please feel free to make good use of these tools that are known to work perfectly, based on user feedback we got.
Unfortunately, when porting Kdenlive from KDE4 to KDE Frameworks 5, the existing code could not be easily ported. And without such systems at hand, we cannot port. Actually none of the Kdenlive developers uses Firewire, and none has this (aging) hardware in her or his stock. If you need Firewire support in Kdenlive, then you are invited to set up a bounty and supply the required hardware. Hopefully, someone will come up and take your challenge.
For a smooth workflow, please consider working with camera equipment that directly writes common audio/video containers and codecs, such as MP4 with H.264, or newer codecs.
I updated it yesterday in Archlinux, and now it keeps crashing whenever I try to change the colour of a “title clip”!
Hope a soon solution 🙁
I am also running Arch and can confirm this:
Please for future times please report a bug:
Or go to the forums for more appropriate help:
I have not been able to get Kdenlive to recognize my BlackMagic Intensity Pro 4k so I can direct record my Playstation 4 game footage into it. All documentation I’ve read on this program has promised such integration. Could someone please tell me how to do it? If I have to recompile it with support for BlackMagic devices, could someone post a tutorial on how to do it?
Thanks in advance.
I’ve just installed Kdenlove 16 🙂
Unfortunately, when I click on the video clip on the timeline, and the effect list appears, the timeline automatically shrinks, and I cannot rearrange it, so that I can I see what I am doing on it. 🙁
(The window of the effects increases, which pushes the timeline down to the bottom…)
I don’t knwo how to rearrange the windows so that I can use my timeline again… 🙁 This never happened in Kdenlive 15