The Kdenlive team is happy to announce the first minor release of the 19.04 series fixing 39 bugs. The feedback by the community as well as the effort put in reporting issues has been very helpful and we encourage to keep it up. We expect to finish polishing in the coming months in order to focus on our planned pro features.
Kdenlive 19.04.1 fixes some important issues, so all 19.x users are encouraged to upgrade. Easiest way to test it is through the AppImage, available from the KDE servers as usual: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/kdenlive-19.04.1-x86_64.appimage.mirrorlist
The Appimage also contains some last minute fixes that will be in 19.04.2 since we are still busy fixing some remaining issues after our big refactoring. This Appimage should fix the rendering and timeline preview issues recently reported, and the 19.04.1 fixes are listed below.
Other news: work continues to improve OpenGL support, fixes by the team have been merged into MLT improving speed and the Titler will be rewritten as a GSOC project.
19.04.1 bug fixes:
- Search effects from all tabs instead of only the selected tab
- Add missing lock in model cleanup. Commit.
- Move levels effect back to main effects. Commit.
- Fix crash closing project with locked tracks. Fixes #177. Commit.
- Speedup selecting bin clip when using proxies (cache original properties). Commit.
- Disable threaded rendering with movit. Commit.
- Fix wrong thumbnails sometimes displayed. Commit.
- Ensure fades always start or end at clip border. Commit.
- Fix loading of clip zones. Commit.
- Fix transcoding crashes caused by old code. Commit.
- Fix fades copy/paste. Commit.
- Fix broken fadeout. Commit.
- Fix track red background on undo track deletion. Commit.
- Update appdata version. Commit.
- Zooming in these widgets using CTRL+two-finger scrolling was almost. Commit. Fixes bug #406985
- Fix crash on newly created profile change. Commit.
- Always create audio thumbs from original source file, not proxy because proxy clip can have a different audio layout. Commit.
- Mark document modified when track compositing is changed. Commit.
- Fix compositing sort error. Commit.
- Fix crash opening old project, fix disabled clips not saved. Commit.
- Fix crash and broken undo/redo with lift/gamma/gain effect. Fixes #172. Commit.
- Fix clip marker menu. Fixes #168. Commit.
- Fix composition forced track lost on project load. Fixes #169. Commit.
- Fix spacer / remove space with only 1 clip. Fixes #162. Commit.
- Fix timeline corruption (some operations used a copy of master prod instead of track producer). Commit.
- Check whether first project clip matches selected profile by default
- Renderwidget: Use max number of threads in render. Commit.
- Fix razor tool not working in some cases. Fixes #160. Commit.
- Better os detection macro. Commit.
- Remove crash, not solving 1st startup not accepting media (see #117). Commit.
- Remove unneeded unlock crashing on Windows. Commit.
- Some fixes in tests. Commit.
- Forgotten file. Commit.
- Improve marker tests, add abort testing feature. Commit.
- Add tests for unlimited clips resize. Commit.
- Small fix in tests. Commit.
- Fix AppImage audio recording (switch from wav to flac). Commit.
- Dont remember clip duration in case of profile change. Fixes #145. Commit.
- Fix spacer broken when activated over a timeline item. Commit.
- Improve detection of composition direction. Commit.
- Unconditionnaly reload producers on profile change. Related to #145. Commit.