The polishing and stability effort of this release cycle continues with the release Kdenlive 22.04.2 which comes with bug fixes to the AppImage and Mac packages, render widget, same track transitions, subtitles and project loading issues.
- Fix icon color change in some situations (eg. Appimage). Commit. Fixes bug #450556
- Fix incorrect lambda capture leading to crash. Commit.
- Fix AppImage icons. Commit. See bug #451406
- Online resources: only show warning about loading time once. Commit. See bug #454470
- Clang format fixes. Commit.
- Fix crash clicking ok in empty transcoding dialog. Commit.
- Fix possible crash when load task is running on exit. Commit.
- Fix file watcher broken, changed clips were not detected anymore. Commit.
- Fix timeremap clip always using proxies on rendering. Commit. Fixes bug #454089
- Ensure internal effects like subtitles stay on top so that they are not affected by color or transform effects. Commit.
- Fix crash on undo center keyframe. Commit.
- Fix crash changing clip monitor bg color when no clip is selected. Commit.
- Fix crash on undo selected clip insert. Commit.
- Fix nvenc codec. Commit. See bug #454469
- Fix clip thumbs not discarded on property change. Commit.
- On document loading, also check images for changes. Commit.
- Fix tests and mix direction regression. Commit.
- Fix major corruption on undo/redo clip cut, with tests. Commit.
- Project loading: detect and fix corruption if audio or video clips on the same track use a different producer. Commit.
- Fix crash dropping an effect on the clip monitor. Commit.
- Speedup maker search. Commit.
- Fix cannot put monitor in fullscreen with mirrored screens. Commit.
- Fix mix on very short AV clips broken, with test. Commit.
- Fix Slide mix not correctly updated when creating a new mix on the previous clip, add tests. Commit. See bug #453770
- Fix mix mix not correctly reversed in some cases and on undo. Commit.
- Fix slide composition going in wrong direction (mix is still todo). Commit. See bug #453770
- Fix several small glitches in bin selection. Commit.
- Fix clip height not aligned to its track. Commit.
- Fix speech to text on Mac. Commit.
- Fix crash/corruption in overwrite mode when moving grouped clips above or below existing tracks. Commit.
- Fix missing audio with “WebM-VP9/Opus (libre)” preset. Commit. See bug #452950
- [Render Widget] Allow more steps for quality slider. Commit.
- [Render Presets] Fix wrongly reversed quality with custom presets. Commit.
- [Render Presets] Add more speed preset steps for x254 and x256. Commit.
- Fix mixers don’t display levels if a track was added/removed with collapsed mixer. Commit.
- Fix possible crash in transcoding dialog if there are no clips to convert. Commit.
- [RenderWidget] Add scrollbar to improve experience on small screens. Commit.
On macOS (and probably Windows) whole Preferences dialog (and some other UI strings) are not shown in localized version, although they are localized.
This is a bug present for a very long time.
Thanks for your efforts. It’s always appreciated!
Thank you for always maintaining the quality of the project, we know how much effort goes into this.
In this version, at least for me the transitions on the same track stopped working… nothing else happens.
It works on Windows. Ensure that there is at least half a second of frames at the end of both clips.
Hi Merlimau, I hope all is well!
Thanks for helping… So, it worked like this but now I have to do it at the beginning of one of the clips… One has at least half a second frame at the end but in the other I have to do it at the beginning of the clip.. .kdenlive running on Windows 11.
Yesterday there was a windows update and I still haven’t been able to test again but I will test as soon as I can to see if anything has changed (windows is always windows so it could be that something has changed due to the update – I don’t think this update involves any changes that could interfere with that, but like I said – windows is always windows, rsrsrs)
Thank you for real 🙂
Thank you for making this software.
I use macOS Mojave because I use programs that don’t support 64 bit (for example, Wine).
Will you please make Kdenlive compatible with macOS Mojave again?
Kdenlive runs only on 64-bit systems. It should run on MacOs Mojave. See the installation steps here: https://docs.kdenlive.org/en/getting_started/installation.html#kdenlive-on-macos
On my computer (macOS 10.14.6), the icon of kdenlive (versions 22.04.1 and 22.04.2) has over it a circle with a diagonal bar.
When I try to run kdenlive versions 22.04.1 and 22.04.2, the following message is displayed:
“You can’t use this version of the application ‘kdenlive.app’ with this version of macOS.”
“You have macOS 10.14.6. This application requires macOS 10.15 or later.”
Kdenlive versions 22.04.0 and 21.12.3 run fine on my computer.
Great progress! I am really liking the subtitle tool. Using the build for Windows 10.
You’ll love next release then with many subtitle improvements and new features.
My Macbook has come to an end. Would like to use kdenlive on a Linux system. Interested in basic video editing at 2K or less.
Can you recommend the Linux OS and basic Laptop configuration to use?
We recommend using the AppImage or Flatpak versions so you can use any OS really. As for 2K editing focus on a powerful CPU and RAM. Kdenlive still doesn’t support GPU rendering for effects but it will eventually happen.
Thanks for the collaborative work!
What happened to the x86 version of the 22.07 experimental appimage? Only CentOS shows up
See my post below about that. Sorry about replying to the wrong place.
I asked that question last February thinking that linking to CentOS was some kind of an error. And here’s what did Julius Künzel answer me about that:
[ Julius Künzel on February 8, 2022 at 11:18 PM
That’s not wrong so it does not need to get fixed ?
We are transitioning our Appimage builds to KDE Craft. CentOS in the filename does just mean that the Appimage was build on CentOS, it does NOT say anything about the target platform. We are using CentOS to make sure that the Appimage runs on older OS without problems too.
In general the KDE Craft based Appimage has newer dependency versions, that bring features and bug fixes missing in the old one (eg. the Command Bar from KDE Frameworks: Ctrl+Alt+I)
Please note that in the last days there was a regression in the nightly Craft Appimage that just got fixed for the next builds. If you face any issues please report them on https://bugs.kde.org so we can fix them until the next release (it is planned to switch the stable Appimage to the Craft based one with the next release). ]
Does anyone know why HD 720/1080p 60/30 fps videos look good when you insert them in Kdenlive but come out blurry once you render them? Does anyone know how to fix this MAJOR problem? (Besides changing the quality ( e.g. 1080p 30fps – 60fps ) of a video project which doesn’t fix the blurriness of the videos once you render them.) 8..-( Let me know because this didn’t use to happen on older versions of this program.
Try going to more options in the render widget and activating the Custom Quality option and increasing the value.
How to use opentimeline import and export, not working
How to open premier pro file in kdenlive
It is not possible, your best solution would be to export to opentimeline from Premiere and import as opentimeline to Kdenlive.
How to use opentimeline,
Okay, I don’t know about anyone else, but I miss being able to adjust audio and video separately in the render window.
What do you mean?
Thank you very much for fixing the AppImage icons!! ?
Images are not rendering to file for me, just a blank white area where the images should be. Has this been reported at all with this version? Thanks.
Are you using the latest version?
In latest releases (22.04.*) no possibility to change the audio bitrate in case of mp4 videos.