After 10 months of work, we are proud to announce the release of the first beta version of Kdenlive for KDE4.
Kdenlive is an open source multi track video editor based on the MLT video framework and FFmpeg.
* Capture video from your camcorder, webcam or screen
* Mix a large number of different formats (depending on your FFmpeg install): mpeg, flash, mp3, ogg, png, jpeg, dv, hdv, ...
* See the result of your work (effects and transitions) in realtime
* Export your work in several formats (hdv, dv, mpeg, ...)
* Create titles, slideshows and more
You can download the 0.7beta1 source package from our sourceforge project page. Kdenlive relies on several libraries, so you will need some experience to compile from source. If you want to try it, go to our compilation page.